Tetra Tortoise

peqio

Hello Everyone!

Does anyone here tried feeding "Tetra Tortoise" to their pets? Please share your experience.

Thanks

Thanks
ean_4004218149519_haupt_de_2.jpg

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
I've never seen it here in Oregon.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not a big fan of manufactured foods for tortoises when weeds, grasses and natural greens are so readily available.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I live in suburbs where going on a walk for weed harvest is impossible because all the common grounds are maintained by companies that spray the heck out of everything! To get to unmaintained meadow I'd have to get in a car and drive, so I choose to buy safe greens at farmers markets until my own mother plants grow big enough to withstand harvesting. I buy everything now: dandelion greens, escaroles, endives, collards, and all kinds of other greens, baby greens/sprouts, cactus pads etc. I do use commercial tort food but have not seen Tetra brand here. I use MazuriImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457109952.111415.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457109981.929761.jpg Zilla and all Living ThingsImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1457110046.642483.jpg, soaked, rotating them and adding just a bit to the chopped up greens. My babies love the taste of those and it encourages them to eat

peqio

My order just arrived 2 days ago. I started feeding it to my tort and he's loving it. lol

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I'm not a big fan of manufactured foods for tortoises when weeds, grasses and natural greens are so readily available.
I don't like manufactured food either. When getting ready for our babies' arrival I did lots of reading from various sources on torthusbandry. They all seemed to agree that no grain should be part of RF diet. Yet, reading labels of commercial tort foods available here, they ALL contained some grain so I wasn't willing to try it. Then when my smaller baby hit his 3rd week here with us and not eating, I was ready to do ... whatever!!! just to get him to eat. The breeder had sent little sample of calcium and Mazuri with the babies. But I had been ignoring the dry pellets. After those 3 weeks of Tucker's hunger strike I finally gave in and soaked few Mazuri pellets in hot water, mashed them up and .... Omg! That little baby ate like a hungry wolf! I was so happy to see him eat! Since then I've been adding little of commercial food mash to the babies main diet just for taste and it's been working like a charm!!!! My baby Tucker also loves his protein! Meat, eggs, shrimp.... That's what I use to conceal his calium powder

peqio

To give you an update about Tetra Tortoise, I can still see that my aldabra still prefers Mazuri. lol

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Tetra makes and sells quality fish food.
I'd be curious, but I grow most of my food and supplement with Mazuri.
It says "A complete food for all tortoises". That would likely be a stretch.......

peqio

I had a great experience feeding tetra reptomin to my red eared slider before, that's why I tried the tetra tortoise now.

Its good to know that mazuri is still the preferred choice.