Temporary Outdoor Enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

marinaresident

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Monterey, CA
We finally had warm weather here in Monterey this past weekend so we took our hatchlings out for some Vita D. Here are a few photos of them in their temporary outdoor enclosure.

Marcel

Attachments

• DSC03044.JPG
    DSC03044.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 123
  • DSC02992.JPG
    DSC02992.JPG
    926.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC03037.JPG
    DSC03037.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • DSC03031.JPG
    DSC03031.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • DSC03018.JPG
    DSC03018.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 43
  • DSC03023.JPG
    DSC03023.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
  • DSC03034.JPG
    DSC03034.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 49

LindaF

5 Year Member
Nice enclosure. Loved the second pic. Looked like the little guy was smiling. The babies look happy to be out.

marinaresident

5 Year Member
Monterey, CA
Laura said:
Im supposed to be out on the Bay fri.. whales are back!!! what does the weather promise to be?!?!

Great. I just checked it online...partyly cloudy, high 59 degree and low 54 degree with 20% chance of precip. Have fun in Monterey.

LindaF said:
Nice enclosure. Loved the second pic. Looked like the little guy was smiling. The babies look happy to be out.

Thank you, Linda. Oh yea...how cute.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Good looking babies...Nice, naturalistic enclosure!:tort:

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Neat little enclosure. Should hold up fine! Do you have anything to go over for any predators while your away?

marinaresident

5 Year Member
Monterey, CA
FernandoM said:
Neat little enclosure. Should hold up fine! Do you have anything to go over for any predators while your away?

Thank you, Fernando. Not yet but we are working on that. When put them in their outdoor enclosure, I am out there with them all the time - watching them. It's relaxing, entertaining and I'm gettting some Vita D too. =) This area will eventually be their outdoor enclosure location but we're still deciding whether we should use wood or cinderblocks to build thier outdoor enclosure (with top cover and lock). If you have any suggestion, please let me know. Thank you.

marinaresident

5 Year Member
Monterey, CA
SnakeyeZ said:
Nice enclosure! Very green.

What kind of plants are in there? Looks like strawberries.

Thanks, Rich. Yep strawberries and also a rose bush, clovers and fescue grass. I planted some dandelion seeds and are slow coming up. :)

Marcel

rollersaurus

5 Year Member
Utah
marinaresident said:
Thanks, Rich. Yep strawberries and also a rose bush, clovers and fescue grass. I planted some dandelion seeds and are slow coming up. :)

Marcel

WHERE DID YOU FIND DANDELION SEEDS?
When I ask stores for them they laugh at me and tell me to go to my neighbors yard....

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Go to a yard that has them while in the poor ball stage OR you can purchase online johnnyseed sells them :D

Typo in last msg...should be POOF balls :D

TheBennillers

5 Year Member
[/quote]

When I ask stores for them they laugh at me and tell me to go to my neighbors yard....

[/quote]

----------------------------------------------------
I got some on ebay, I could have just waited for them to come up in my own yard but I am impatient, of course they are all over the place now.
heres one of a few listings on ebay right now.
http://cgi.ebay.com/500-FRESH-ORGAN...371?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bac71f33

marinaresident

5 Year Member
Monterey, CA
rollersaurus said:
marinaresident said:

Marcel

Hi Rollersaurus,
Dandelions grow here naturally in our yard. Once the flower dries up the seeds form and then I pick them. I can mail some seeds to you if you send me your mailing address via Private Message.

Status
Not open for further replies.