Temporary home - feedback welcome

MillieSmalls

Howdy - finished the temporary enclosure for my palm sized African spurred. I'm nervous the lights too warm and have no thermometer (yet) are they clever enough to self regulate? Meaning, if it's too hot will he bake, or get to the edges where he should be? Tonight's the first night...feeling anxious.
Ps: I put him near the lamp ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1414717417.538125.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1414717433.754050.jpgand he walked right under and nestled up...so it seems comfortable.
Feedback?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
LOL! I LOVE the bench wall. Such inventive building. I think he'll be ok in there as a temporary measure. It actually looks pretty darned good. You wouldn't happen to be related McGyver would you (too young to remember that?)

As open as the doorway is, I don't think he'll be getting too hot in there. What is the temperature supposed to be tonight?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I think you did a really good job I just throwing some things together. By the way I do remember MacGyver :) I think he could build a tortoise pen out of toothpaste and toothpicks. Put your tortoise in there and observe him from afar, to make sure he isn't trying to get out in certain places and if he does fix those areas.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Add this saying to your signature,,,I have done so much with so little for so long I can now do almost anything with nothing.

MillieSmalls

Macgyver!! Maybe that's his name...still searching for one. :)
He has been in the temporary pen all week and no escapes, so I think it's gonna hold. Just added the light tonight. Working on building a chicken coop//tort house combo that will last until he's too big to crawl under my fence...until then...thanks for the feedback. Feeling much better now.