[split] Looking for a foster home for sulcatas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucy2008

5 Year Member
I'm new to the forum but please read my post if anyone is looking to adopt sulcatas...
Hi there!
My name is Mackita and I'm the proud owner of two beautiful African Spurred tortoises (Geochelone Sulcatas). They are 5 yrs old and they were purchased at the Animal Jungle in Virginia Beach, VA 5 yrs ago. They both measure about 9 inches and weight about 5 lbs. They are small for their age but they are very active and playful. They spent most of the day soaking up vitamin D and eating grass, clover as well as some green leafy veggies like Kale, turnip greens mustard greens among others. They have a little bit of pyramid going on and I'm trying to figure out what could be causing it to prevent further problems.
My family and I moved to Germany 7 months ago and I was unable to bring my tortoises along so I left them behind with in the in laws in NC. This was only a temporary solution as I'm trying to find a way to bring them here but I've across a few bumps such as obtaining permits and tracking down the breeder and what not. Information that I'm unable to obtain. So I've come to the conclusion that my only option is to find them a home, I'm really hoping to find them a temporary home and claim them back upon returning to the States. We are expected to be here 3-5 years. I have family in VA that has volunteered to help but I don't feel comfortable leaving them with someone that doesn't know anything about tortoises. I'm hoping to find someone that cares and knows about these little creatures. They are very important to me, I'm quite attached to them and leaving them behind was a very difficult decision. Even harder now that I won't be able to bring them along.
I thought perhaps someone here could help me find a temporary home for them. Someone that loves the specie and is willing to stay in contact with me.

If there's anything you can do, I'll be forever grateful!

V/R

Mackita

p.s - They both have names. One is named Sule which is a West African name meaning "adventurous" and Sule which is a Swahili name meaning "precious"

Status
Not open for further replies.