Tell Me What You Think

Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas
Ok! So we have built Scully, 3 year old Sulcata, his new place. The front part is small, I'm aware. Its just until we get his other part built which will be much larger. Mostly I'm wanting to know what yall think of the house. It has a Zoomed habitat heater pad with a thermostat set on 80F. Is that temp ok? It is not insulated yet, we will do that in the fall. It has cypress mulch and coconut coir mix.

Attachments

• 20200425_195900.jpg
    20200425_195900.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • 20200425_195845.jpg
    20200425_195845.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 14

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
It’s a lot better! You still need to get you a radiant heat panel to put on the underside of the roof , one more thermostat, and some flaps for the door to hold the heat in. The whole house needs to stay heated and the mat won’t do it.. I know here in east tx, it’s going to drop to 50F and that’s way too cold for them. It’s s a huge improvement though and he’s bound to be much more comfortable!

Central Texas
It’s a lot better! You still need to get you a radiant heat panel to put on the underside of the roof , one more thermostat, and some flaps for the door to hold the heat in. The whole house needs to stay heated and the mat won’t do it.. I know here in east tx, it’s going to drop to 50F and that’s way too cold for them. It’s s a huge improvement though and he’s bound to be much more comfortable!

I have the flaps, you may not can see them. Can you send me the link or tell me the names of your heat panels please?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas

I have the 80 watt one in the 4x4 house.

I have a cheaper one that I ordered off eBay in my 8x4 double box but I also have a mini oil heater and two Kane mats also..

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Great! Thank you! Is 80F ok for his mat to be set on?
Your welcome! Your tortoise is lucky to have you.. do you have a + or - so many degrees setting on your thermostat? 80 is the lowest I would let it go but 85 for me is perfect.. I think mine is set at 83 with a 3 degree leverage.

Central Texas
Your welcome! Your tortoise is lucky to have you.. do you have a + or - so many degrees setting on your thermostat? 80 is the lowest I would let it go but 85 for me is perfect.. I think mine is set at 83 with a 3 degree leverage.

Thank you so much! I want him to have a great life. I set it on 80 but I can go up. Maybe bump it up to 85? It says it has a 3 degree leverage as well. I just ordered the heat panel and thermostat.