Humidity levels

Sariss

Location (City and/or State)
Collingwood, Ontario
Hi!
I was wondering about a good way to keep humid levels high in an enclosure. We are currently using ZooMed Tortoise Table (I know, not really ideal, but we will hopefully be upgrading once we get one built) for our 4 month old Red Footed Tortoise. We are using cypress mulch for a substrate currently. We misted his enclosure in the morning and his humidity was about 80%. By the time we got home at the end of the day it was below 70%.

Just wondering if anyone uses foggers, or other automatic ways to keep humidity up, and if there were any suggestions.
Thanks!

Sariss

Collingwood, Ontario
I was looking at the HygroTherm Humidity and Temp Controller, along with something like the ReptiFogger, would that suffice?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Here in my climate, I keep up the humidity by having a moist substrate and a cover over the whole habitat.

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
To keep the humidity level up you have to keep the moisture in. It can escape through the smallest of openings. Like Yvonne said, cover the whole habitat including the lights. If you can't fit the lights inside the cover then you need to have a good seal around them.

Sariss

Collingwood, Ontario
I'm going to buy a shower curtain to keep things covered and hopefully make it sort of greenhouse-ish. But I can't really cover the lights with that, correct?