Outdoor Russian set up

Ghazan

5 Year Member
New to the forum, built this enclosure for an adult male Russian I adopted ~ 9 months ago, let me know what you think. It's about 6.5 feet in diameter, stones are > 12" high with 1 buried. The shed has an overhead reptile basic heater, insulated and a thermostat. Planted a hibiscus and couple other items. He seems to like it.

Attachments

• IMG_3518.JPG
    IMG_3518.JPG
    491.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_3519.JPG
    IMG_3519.JPG
    433.4 KB · Views: 50

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
It's beautiful!! :tort: :cool:
But bigger is soooo much better..and with all the extra yard space I see in the photo, I vote for an expansion! You can get real creative with the shape, too. Like a large bean or peanut shape.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
It is nice but I would definitely go bigger. I like the little house. How did you set it up exactly? Do you have pictures of the inside? I'd like to make something like that for my tortoise.

Souptugo

5 Year Member
How about a cover to protect it from birds and animals? Looks great!

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
How about a cover to protect it from birds and animals

**Just adding this so the OP can weigh different opinions**

I personally don't like covers. I think they are ugly and useless. Useless when you have a planted enclosure (the plants provide cover), have a locking night house (protection from night predators) and various other reasons.

There are situations when covers are a great idea. I covered my leopard hatchling's enclosure...But in the case of this adult Russian, I wouldn't add a cover.

JaymeFrances

Oxford, UK
This is gorgeous! I'm a newbie and this is the closest I've come to seeing something I could actually achieve in my garden!

Alicia Hoogstra

The enclosure is gorgeous! I am going to build one in my yard when it FINALLY warms up here in MI! My little ones are small, so mine will be aprox 4x4, until next year