Ted's shell scratches easily.. ?? help ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utica. MI
so, we recently discovered he likes his butt being scratched, now with anything hard, but his shell if really soft i guess, he is still the tiniest bit squishy, and when we scratch his butt, his shell will be scratched.. Ill see if he will let me take a picture,.. (one sec) nevermind, because my camera is ******* retarded, i hate it so much. but I dont know what it could be, humidity? he gets plenty of calcium and he is in the sun almost constantly.. so im at a loss..

any ideas? (and i will try to get a pic asap.. if my effing camera cooperates...)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
the entire shell is squishy? or just the growth lines? the lines can be soft,, like our fingernail cuticles.. and they can really feel that when touched.. the shell itself shoulndt be easy to scratch tho. how old?

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
yeah.. the growth lines are sorta squishy.. not the whole shell! and he will be a year in May. When my camera decides to work, i will post pictures of his measurements and his shell scratched spot.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
growth lines are normal to be soft.. they harden when they grow. When I hose down my sulcatas they do the Hoochey Coochey dance.. ( think Maggie termed it that) i think it tickles them..

IRTehDuckie

5 Year Member
Utica. MI
rofl, maggie is cool =] and yeah he wiggles his butt from side to side hah Ill try to get pics asap.. Im sorta worried about his scratched butt spot.. i told my hubby not to do it anymore until i find out why its like that..

Status
Not open for further replies.