Why does tank shake his butt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ontario
Hey, so the oddest thing just happened. Tank was in his hide outside and I looked at him and looked like he was dreaming out but he was shaking his butt. Ten he ran out real fast to a plant and shook his butt on that then I scratched his butt and he shook it at me. ( by butt I mean back part of shell )

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
In his hide he was likely having a good time. When you touched his back he was telling to to back off since he's a male.

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
So weird he also for it on plants. When I touch him he doesn't really run away sometimes he walks into my hand. Is he getting a good itch or something.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
My red foot does this to all three of them it's like there shell itches .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
I see my RF's do that too ...and as Tom mentioned usually the Males. Now here is one story and I'm sure others can attest to this ...anyone who owns a Radiated....when misting time comes and while being sprayed .. they will stand straight up on all fours and reach for the sky ....it's a riot to see( reminds me of low-Rider Air Bags :p)
and I would bet this holds true for this species ... we shall see if anyone has the same experience.

JD~:)

tyguy35

5 Year Member
ontario
That made my girlfriend an I laugh Jd haha.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
All of the Redfoot Torts here do the bootie dance....for a variety of reasons...all of which "appear" to be for feelings of pleasure...:p they will back that thing up and rub it on my hand and especially if I rub my nails on the shell---very funny.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Manchester, UK
The only 'butt-shake' my leo has ever done is to dig into the substrate, or to get under something. Ive never heard of this before now...

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
ascott said:
All of the Redfoot Torts here do the bootie dance....for a variety of reasons...all of which "appear" to be for feelings of pleasure...:p they will back that thing up and rub it on my hand and especially if I rub my nails on the shell---very funny.

I would probably shake my booty too for them nails! :p

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.................

Status
Not open for further replies.