Sulcata photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annaliisas

5 Year Member
acrantophis said:
This is Chloe! Almost 5 years old. 60+lbs. 19" long. I adopted her as a 3" baby from a family who lost interest! She is my baby.

My gosh! She is ALMOST 5?!?!!?! I have a severely pyramided 5 year old so much smaller! Wally was kept in a cage with a heat rock and no UVB light at all. Very poor diet as well. I've posted this stuff before, I hope Wally gets to be as beautiful as Chloe! I know he will always be pyramided, but I don't care as long as he's healthier, than he was.

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
Linzbragg said:
You shouldn't keep your Sulcata on hay. It doesn't hold moisture when it's wet and gets moldy when it does get wet. You need a substrate that holds moisture like coco coir, even simple potting soil (with no plant food or anything else in it) would be way better than hay. Sulcatas, especially babies need warm, humid living conditions to prevent pyramiding. Once you change his substrate, make a hide out of a plastic tupperware dish. Flip it upside down, cut a doorway in it, and bury the edges into the soil. Make sure it stay very warm and humid too. This will prevent further pyramiding, along with a light with high UVB...a straight one, not a curly one.

I have already done this changes about 2 weeks after the pic:) but thanks for the advice

tessacat1795

5 Year Member
Here is Myrtle. Not sure how old she is. Guessing 3? She's 12 inches and around 15-20 pounds. We've only had her about two weeks.

Attachments

• Myrtle 13.jpg
    Myrtle 13.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 73
  • Myrtle 17.jpg
    Myrtle 17.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 70

Carlos83

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fontana CA
Bubba at 6months catching his uvb's
IMAG2238.jpg

IMAG2239.jpg

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
All these pics of these cute sulcatas is putting a smile on my face. Thank you for sharing...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
"You can't see me, can you?"
004-4.jpg

I love this one, just because it shows the side pttern so well.
011-5.jpg

084-1.jpg

The Jersey Boyz
026.jpg

My newest, Chomper.
122.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.