Sulcata Hatchling RI

Cassidy Dixon

I found a scale in the shed. Tucker weighs 90 grams. How often do you guys weigh in? once a week to monitor growth?? just see everyone putting their weights up and figured I would to. lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I don't weigh mine. When I had a baby that I was keeping I would trace an outline of his shell on a piece of paper, then once a month I'd trace another on the same paper, in the same spot.

Cassidy Dixon

Its also goi
I don't weigh mine. When I had a baby that I was keeping I would trace an outline of his shell on a piece of paper, then once a month I'd trace another on the same paper, in the same spot.
That's a good idea! I think I will do both on and record on the same sheet. I will also continue to do the pictures and marking the 30" board. Its going to be 75 here today. would it be ok if I took him out to get some sun in the yard so he can explore? Supposed to be sunny and nice

Cassidy Dixon

Here are some pictures from Saturdays yard time. Over all he was out in the yard wondering around for 2 hours. I would walk out and set him half way out in the yard and he would always walk over to me sitting by the dog pen. He kept trying to walk right up to the fence. He is doing amazing and has not shown any signs of RI. He is doing everything just like he should. tuckerwalk.jpg tuckerwalk1.jpg tuckerwalk2.jpg

Cassidy Dixon

Tucker finally ate some cottle bone. He has been nibbling on it all day. I have been feeding him once a day and some times a small snack while sun bathing. Is this not enough? He acts hungry all the time. When I put him in the yard he walks around eating grass and weeds. Should I feed him more or less? Also do you think I should continue calcium powder twice a week now that he is eating the cottle bone?