Sulcata Hatchling Behavior

Location (City and/or State)
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Hi everyone. I purchased 2 sulcata hatchlings last week while waiting for the 3rd from a separate breeder which I should be getting end of next week. They seem to be doing very well in regards to their health as I have been following Tom's care sheet with just about every detail. The odd thing is that the babies are not using the hides or the cool side of the enclosure at all and choose to just burrow into the corners of the enclosure on the hot side. The ambient temp is about 85 degrees and the spot under the basking bulb is anywhere from 105-115 depending on ambient temp of my house. Humidity is 90%. Is this normal or should I change something in the enclosure to encourage them to use their hides and the cool side?

PS.
I used the ceramic pot bottom for a water dish, but one of them keeps flipping over in the water bowl overnight.

Any advice would be welcomed! Thank you!

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Its normal for them not to use their hides ( big dark caves w monsters in them) the basking spot is a bit to warm (95-100 would be better) and good luck with 3 bulldozers

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
If you have the 2 together in the same enclosure, that cold be the problem. After you get the 3rd one and house them all together some of the problems may go away. 2 together just wont work most of the time even with hatchling sulcatas.