Not pooping in enclosure

Jenn16

Alright so I have had my baby leopard tortoise for a little over a week and ever since I got her she does not poop in her enclosure she seems to only poop when she is in her soak, in my our hands or when we let her walk around outside of her enclosure. She eats alot and poops alot too. Substrate is topsoil with cypress mulch and sphagnum moss in the hides. Temps are 90 on warm side, 80 on cool side and 100 - 105 in basking spot. Humidity is always between 80% and 90%. Is this normal?

Saleama

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Irving Texas
They eat their poop so she might be doing it then eating it before you see it in there. I have four leos and 5 sullys and I very seldom see poop in their enclosures but boy, when they take a bath that stuff is everywhere! I never had one poop in my hand but I have been peed on more than I want to admit. Yesterday I was scrubbing my littlest and got shot right in the face, lol.

Jenn16

Lol ok I just wanted to check and make sure that its normal. Yes for sure I wonder constantly how a little tiny tortoise can poop and pee so much. It's crazy!

Darwin_T

5 Year Member
There is also a good chance that if you have only had him or her for a week he or she is not fully comfortable pooping on that enclosure yet and still needs to adjust. It is still pooping. So I doubt it's sick. I think it's just adjusting

Lillysmytort

Location (City and/or State)
Vermont
My Lilly is to much of a lady to poop in her house... However, all of her manners go out the window when she is in the bath!