Sulcata Enclosure Temperatures

alexag

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hello! I was wondering about the temperatures of the enclosure for my three month old Sulcata Tortoise. I understand that the temperatures are very important for the tortoise. What should be the temperature range for a baby Sulcata that is as young as mine be? The temperatures in the enclosure are currently 78-80 degrees on the warm side where the heating light is, and 62-63 on the cool side. I’ve also checked the temperature of the shell and it’s 79-80. Are those temperatures alright for a three month old?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello! I was wondering about the temperatures of the enclosure for my three month old Sulcata Tortoise. I understand that the temperatures are very important for the tortoise. What should be the temperature range for a baby Sulcata that is as young as mine be? The temperatures in the enclosure are currently 78-80 degrees on the warm side where the heating light is, and 62-63 on the cool side. I’ve also checked the temperature of the shell and it’s 79-80. Are those temperatures alright for a three month old?
No part of the enclosure should never drop below 80 degrees for this tropical species. It needs to be around 100 directly under the basking flood lamp, and ambient should be around 90 during the day ad no lower than 80 at night.

Read these for all the correct care info:

Last edited by a moderator: