Suitable Enclosure?

liluvafan

Hi everyone. I have been looking for a while and I'm not sure anyone else has asked this question. I have been doing a vast amount of research on Russian Tortoises, as I am planning on purchasing one. I currently have a 4'x2' enclosure originally designed for guinea pigs. With proper sanitation, would this be a suitable enclosure?

Here is the link to the cage: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NJ0DPY/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20

Thanks,
Jacob

*EDIT* I forgot to include that I will of course be adding appropriate lighting and substrate, as well as any other necessities.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Not nearly big enough, liluvafan. Russian tortoises are hard-wired to wander over great distance, and they need quite a bit of room. If you can't set him up outside, then appx. 4'x8' indoors would be best.

liluvafan

Not nearly big enough, liluvafan. Russian tortoises are hard-wired to wander over great distance, and they need quite a bit of room. If you can't set him up outside, then appx. 4'x8' indoors would be best.
ok, thanks for the response!

liluvafan

One more question: Would a hermann's tortoise or a greek do okay in this setup?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California