Need opinions on insulated door

Byron Todd

The vinyl strip curtains seem to work reasonably well. Why change a tried and true method?

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Cincinnati, OH
The vinyl strip curtains seem to work reasonably well. Why change a tried and true method?
Cuz I dare to be different. lol

Seriously though, I enjoy trying to find new and different ways of doing things. Makes my torting hobby all that more challenging.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
It might work, it might not. No harm, no foul - give it a try and let us all know, Seems like it is better at keeping bugs out, not heat in.

Good luck!

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
It might work, it might not. No harm, no foul - give it a try and let us all know, Seems like it is better at keeping bugs out, not heat in.

Good luck!
I just might. I already have the vinyl curtain strips. I ran across the insulated door curtain while searching for something completely unrelated. For less than $30 I'm willing to give it a shot. If it turns out it doesn't work, I still have the strips to fall back on.

Ghost won't be ready for the enclosure till next year anyway, so I have plenty of time to experiment. Supposed to be a bad winter this year, so the conditions should be ideal for testing.