Tub for enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I would get something a little deeper (and a bit longer, perhaps an old dresser laid on it back with all the drawers and such removed and line the inside) because the substrate should be at least four inches deep and if the black tub is eight inches deep to start then when you add the substrate he will easily plop right over the top....also the longer the better....just my opinion...I am sure the others will offer ip some helpful thoughts as well....:p

34KING18

5 Year Member
CT , USA
I can't find any tubs that are deeper and longer! Can you try to find one and then post the link because I've looked everywhere but can't find anything deeper and longer.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
For just about the same amount of money you can purchase enough wood to build an enclosure that is bigger than the concrete mixing tub that you posted the link of. Some people also use inexpensive bookcases laid on their back. Or any other box for that matter. That is really all that an enclosure is, a box. How elaborate it becomes beyond that depends on the keeper. If you do choose to use a plastic mixing tub check your local hardware or construction supply store. They have various sizes, including the one in your link. There is also a company called Vision Products that have a variety of various size plastic reptile tubs. They're good quality but the larger ones are expensive. www.visionproducts.us/htm7/tubs.html

Status
Not open for further replies.