Success/Relief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
I had no idea a week and a half ago what a tortoise poo looked like the thought had honestly not crossed my mind until about 3 days after I got Eloise and she graced me with her first poo of our relationship...I was honored. It was a gooey splotch about the size of a quarter....in any animal terms it wasn't firm at all..but what does a tort poo look like?? I googled it and I read poo forums here and determined this was not a "good" poo so I frantically looked for what to do!! I read that she may need to be tested for parasites...my heart sank then I read she may have been dehydrated from the pet store and I knew the pet store was feeding her dried fruit because they told me to.....So I decided not to rush off to the vet in a frantic frenzy and to stick to the diet I've learned about here and in so many other places and sure enough today I was checking in on her in her new enclosure and low and behold as she walks away from her feeding rock (go figure) I see a small pebble of poo. not large or anything and I'm sure my odd squeek of delight probably detered her for the moment but I am so greatful that I had this forum to keep me cool while I waited to see if it was the former diet of the petstore causing the problem I think that may have been it....Still watching and I will still be taking her to the vet but not in a hurried oh crap kind of way!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
There can be a lot of poo variability based on the diet. The right diet should firm her right up. Wouldn't hurt to take a stool sample to a reptile vet for a parasite check either.

Status
Not open for further replies.