Strange behaviour of my star tortoise

Manasi shah

My star tortoise is really behaving strange.. He is strangely active and since last three days he is dancing...Thats really strange. Im seriously very much worried about what is the problem... Please help me out.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Welcome to the forum!

Please post pictures of your tort and his enclosure. Could you also post a video of the movements you mentioned?

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
Tell us about how you are keeping him. Indoors or outdoors? How hot does it get where he lives? What do you feed him? Could he have eaten anything poisonous or been bitten by anything venomous? Any chance he was dropped or has fallen from something?

Manasi shah

Im not able to post a video but i saw a video of a tort who had the same problem. I saw the video from the link which was posted by a lady. I dont remember her name but the tort in tge video was behaving just same as mine. We keep our torts indoors but mostly they roam around in our living room or our personal room. Temperature and weather over here is 28°C and its rainy outside. So its mostly cool and pleasant. We feed them ladyfingers (they like it a lot), cucumber and coriander. Nothing poisonous can enter his mouth as Im mostly looking after them and nothing venomous can enter our house. He didnt fell down before or after his strange behaviour started.

Manasi shah

He is moving back and forth and repeats it when active and sleeps less as compared to earlier how he behaved. His mate is just perfect in all habits, i mean his mate eats food on tym poops on tym and sleeps mostly and also stays active when we kinda start playing wid them.

Loohan

5 Year Member
North-Central Arkansas
Im not able to post a video but i saw a video of a tort who had the same problem. I saw the video from the link which was posted by a lady. I dont remember her name but the tort in tge video was behaving just same as mine. We keep our torts indoors but mostly they roam around in our living room or our personal room. Temperature and weather over here is 28°C and its rainy outside. So its mostly cool and pleasant. We feed them ladyfingers (they like it a lot), cucumber and coriander. Nothing poisonous can enter his mouth as Im mostly looking after them and nothing venomous can enter our house. He didnt fell down before or after his strange behaviour started.

Ladyfingers? When i look that up, i get pics of baked pastries.

Oh, OK, must be okra.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
The only time I've seen a turtle or tortoise do the "hootchie kootchie" dance is when someone is rubbing his shell over the back legs. I have no idea why your tortoise does it when not being touched. Maybe he needs a good soaking in warm water for a half hour to see if he needs to poop.

Manasi shah

Soaking him in warm water for half an hour and see whether he wants to poop. He was also feeling itchy and cold as the weather over here is too cold and wet.