Unexpected new Indian Star!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Thank you for your concern... It is not to much water, I think the picture is deceiving. And I always watch my Tortoises when I give them a bath. I know what I am doing. But again, thank you for your concern!
I do the same. I just sit there while Oli is being soaked, as the water temp drops v quickly, now that it is cold.

N

no one

Have you named the pretty baby yet?

Yes, this week finally. Lol
I was thinking about it to hard, end up naming this little one after Sterretje. Because they are related and you can see it in his face. So he or she is simply called Ster.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

no one

Also this week he passed the 50 gram!!! I got scared there for a while. He was hovering around the 45 gram for a few weeks. Started the carrot soaks. Putting him with his food more then he would go by himself. And finally... 51 grams. Hope there will be steady growth now.
It was the same with Indu around the 45 grams. Silly little Stars, making me nervous...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
@Yvonne G I know you love the different scutes like I do. Did you see my new Indian Star yet? Gorgeous right?! I had never seen it on a Star before, have you? Not even in pictures on the internet. Maybe it is not that common in Stars, I don't know.
It will be interesting to see how the 'different' scute pattern affects the normal shell design. I'll be watching for updates!