Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Terry Allan Hall said:
dalano73 said:
I have not had him long, got him at the beggining of this month but since I've have had him he has been like that. Even if you just walk close to his enclosure he come charging at you. It doesn't bother me but it's strange that he does that.

L:DL...when Ptolemy was seperated from his harem, for the winter, he was acting pretty "bad-*ss" to everything/one that was in his line of sight, too...calmed right down when I put him back in with them.

My wife speculats that he doesn't trust them out of his sight! :p

Do you know if he was previously kept w/ one or more females? Are any of your other tortoises confirmed female?

He was kept alone, there were no other torts. The people I got him from, had him since he was 3 months old. only other torts in the room with him is the box turtles, but there only a few months old...

Thats funny about Ptolemy, he wanted his ladies back..

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dalano73 said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
dalano73 said:
I have not had him long, got him at the beggining of this month but since I've have had him he has been like that. Even if you just walk close to his enclosure he come charging at you. It doesn't bother me but it's strange that he does that.

L:DL...when Ptolemy was seperated from his harem, for the winter, he was acting pretty "bad-*ss" to everything/one that was in his line of sight, too...calmed right down when I put him back in with them.

My wife speculats that he doesn't trust them out of his sight! :p

Do you know if he was previously kept w/ one or more females? Are any of your other tortoises confirmed female?

He was kept alone, there were no other torts. The people I got him from, had him since he was 3 months old. only other torts in the room with him is the box turtles, but there only a few months old...

Thats funny about Ptolemy, he wanted his ladies back..

Your boy's got "urges"...maybe you should get him a subscription to "PlayTort"... :rolleyes:

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dalano73 said:
Now that is funny... Guess he needs a couple women in his life...

Now, say that out loud, where he can hear you, and see if he doesn't give you a grin and a little "thumb's up"... :cool:

OTOH, he may have to get by w/ the magazine until female Hermann's torts become available again...likely late spring.

Does your cable/satelite provider offer The PlayTort Channel? ;)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Terry Allan Hall said:
dalano73 said:

Now, say that out loud, where he can hear you, and see if he doesn't give you a grin and a little "thumb's up"... :cool:

OTOH, he may have to get by w/ the magazine until female Hermann's torts become available again...likely late spring.

Now that is funny, sitting at work laughing right now and people are looking at me funny..

I will look into the PlayTort channel... Either way he maybe waiting a little while for some female companionship..

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dalano73 said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
dalano73 said:

Now that is funny, sitting at work laughing right now and people are looking at me funny..

I will look into the PlayTort channel... Either way he maybe waiting a little while for some female companionship..

Found this, but the prices are about 2X what they go for in the late spring: http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=152&de=834547

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Terry Allan Hall said:
dalano73 said:
Terry Allan Hall said:
dalano73 said:

Found this, but the prices are about 2X what they go for in the late spring: http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=152&de=834547

Lol, I used to buy my supplies from that store when I lived in Las Vegas and I bought a Sulcata hatchling from them that didn't survive. There prices are high year around, occasionally they have tortoises on sale but still higher than normal..

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
dalano73 said:
Terry Allan Hall said:

Lol, I used to buy my supplies from that store when I lived in Las Vegas and I bought a Sulcata hatchling from them that didn't survive. There prices are high year around, occasionally they have tortoises on sale but still higher than normal..

Never done business w/ 'em, and now that you've told me that, probably never will!

All my dealings w/ Underground Reptiles has been top-notch...seeing as we're not located too far apart, when the time comes this spring, if you still want females, perhaps we can split the shipping on some (Underground doesn't jack that up, either!)...I plan to add at least 3 more females to my "herd".

The guy there that I dealt with figured that 3 ship as cheaply as 1, and next bump up can be from 4 to 6.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
That sounds like a plan to me, and that employess at exotic pets are very nice all the times I have dealt with them in the past, there prices for tortoises are just over priced and I didn't blame them for the loss of my Sulcata because they buy from a breeder. We also picked the most active one but he declined fast after we got it home.

Status
Not open for further replies.