Esio's progress!

Seb

Location (City and/or State)
Cheshire
We started weighing Esio last week to check on his progress. He weighed 62g and this week he is 69g!

Looks like he's doing okay! ?

20200415_113014.jpg

On a side note, he wasn't impressed with being weighed and kept trying to walk off the scales/change the unit/hide the screen hahaha. We may have to put him in a box for future weighings...

Seb

Cheshire
This is the best picture I have at the moment but we've made a couple of changes recently, including a lower hide and a humidity gauge. We're waiting on a CHE to increase the temperature for him during the night (we're in the North of England - we don't really have hot weather here!) He seems to love it, plenty to explore and climb. I might include some plants at some point but focusing on getting the temp and humidity right first.

IMG-20200410-WA0008.jpg

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
This is the best picture I have at the moment but we've made a couple of changes recently, including a lower hide and a humidity gauge. We're waiting on a CHE to increase the temperature for him during the night (we're in the North of England - we don't really have hot weather here!) He seems to love it, plenty to explore and climb. I might include some plants at some point but focusing on getting the temp and humidity right first.

View attachment 291229
that shouldn’t be to hard. i’ll show a picture of mines.

Sa Ga

MN
I saw this hack on YouTube for weighing.... use a tall round cap, like one on a spray paint can or aerosol hairspray. Put it on the scale surface and put him on top of that so his legs can't reach the stage of the scale.

Reactions: Seb

Seb

Cheshire
I saw this hack on YouTube for weighing.... use a tall round cap, like one on a spray paint can or aerosol hairspray. Put it on the scale surface and put him on top of that so his legs can't reach the stage of the scale.
Great idea. Although I don't think Esio will be impressed ? The first time I weighed him was when he was falling asleep and he just kept snoozing.

Sa Ga

MN
Great idea. Although I don't think Esio will be impressed ? The first time I weighed him was when he was falling asleep and he just kept snoozing.
No, Morla hated it when I first got her. But now she is so used to being handled (and thus picked up and not always w/ feet on solid ground), she just sits still and looks around.

Seb

Cheshire
Latest update! We have 2g gained - not as much as last week but slow and steady progress.

Esio's been struggling to poop this week and it's been stringy so maybe he hasn't eaten as much as usual. Also, we've had a few lazy lockdown days and haven't put his food out until the afternoon (oops). Looks like the alarm clock will be going back on!

20200422_153305.jpg

Tortoisesarecool

Converse Texas United States
We started weighing Esio last week to check on his progress. He weighed 62g and this week he is 69g!

Looks like he's doing okay! ?

View attachment 291049

On a side note, he wasn't impressed with being weighed and kept trying to walk off the scales/change the unit/hide the screen hahaha. We may have to put him in a box for future weighings...
Wow my torts name is Esio too

Attachments

• 20200422_095026.jpg
    20200422_095026.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4

Seb

Cheshire
Oh yay! After the Roald Dahl book? Excellent name choice ?

Seb

Cheshire
Esio seems to have lost a little bit of weight, he's fluctuated this week (late 60s, up to 70g) but weighed him after his bath and he's now 69g.

He's been eating every day and pooping but wasn't as active. We're putting this down to his enclosure being too cold. After ordering it ages ago, his CHE has finally arrived and we set it up about 2 days ago. We can already tell the difference! This morning he woke up quicker and was more alert, he went straight for his food the moment I put it down, and he's spent more time exploring his enclosure again. Fingers crossed we'll have a bit more weight on next week.

If anyone has any tips, feel free to share!

20200502_121317.jpg

Reactions: ISU