star not moving

Manish MAthew

Location (City and/or State)
INDIA
Since yesterday afternoon one of my sister's star tortoise didn't move a bit. he is one or two month old. His head is inside and legs are out. I tried to wake him up but he is not moving. What should I do..?? Any suggestions please..?? and Do small baby tortoise hibernate..??

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Since yesterday afternoon one of my sister's star tortoise didn't move a bit. he is one or two month old. His head is inside and legs are out. I tried to wake him up but he is not moving. What should I do..?? Any suggestions please..?? and Do small baby tortoise hibernate..??
Hi @Manish MAthew

This has been missed, sorry.

Stars do not hibernate. Is there any sign of mucus from the nose or mouth?

What temperatures do you have in the enclosure? Can you post pictures of the enclosure and lighting so we can see what's going on.

You need to keep this little one warm and soak daily for a good 30 minutes in warm water to keep him hydrated.

Manish MAthew

INDIA
He is dead now.. My sister looked at it in the morning and she found it dead. Last night his head was inside but today morning his head was out and his body had swollen. Also she found blood in its enclosure where it was kept..:(:(