Indian star tortoise not moving

Mohit Belam

I had a star tortoise for since one year...she is active before yesterday...from last day she's only sleeping and not even moving a little bit...and she try's to open her eyes but she can't do that...plz help me tell me what to do

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

So many time, new tortoise-keepers, think that because they live in a hot climate, or a climate that is very much like where the tortoise actually comes from, that they don't need to supply the things people living in other climates need to supply. This is not true. If your tortoise is living indoors, it needs a UVB light, a large enclosure, a feeding tile, a waterer and a couple of hiding places. And putting the enclosure near a window isn't good enough. The tortoise still needs a UVB light.

In order for us to help you, we need to know all those things that Wellington asked you about.

Mohit Belam

Thank you all for the help....but my tortoise is healthy now...i just keep her in a little warm cloth for 2 days and she feels great

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
A very warm welcome to the forum! :)

Please post pictures of your tort., and her enclosure. In the meantime I'd suggest a visit to a vet SOON: better be safe than sorry.;)