Status
Not open for further replies.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
elegans said:
I will have poss het babies available soon. I am also considering selling the albino if someone comes up with the right amount of $$$$$$$$.
Techincally what this guy is a hypomelanistic (colorwise looks like my hypo milks) unlike Fred's albinos. Different gene.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Redfootedboxturtles said:
could you do a DNA test on all your group to find a match as to the parents of the odd one?
I don't think anyone is looking at genone of any tort unforunately. Researchers have just gotten money for the canine and feline genone in the last 10 years ( it cost me to donate DNA samples of American Curl and Selkirk Rex cats to the feline genone project)

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
The last egg just hatched out and it is a beautifully colored northern redfoot. If I did not know better I would think that it was a cherryhead. I'll get picts of the two together in the next couple of days. There were 2 other sibs that hatched out before the albino that I sold with some of my other redfoots, so I have no idea where they are??? As far as the comment regarding it being a hypo I disagree completely. I have seen almost all of the hypo redfoots that have come into the country as well as most that have been produced here. This animal does not resemble them in any way. It also has blue eyes with ruby pupils. I suspect that it is in fact a T+ albino, but think that the name Lavender albino is more reflective of the look of the creature. Most people have no idea what Tyrosinase Positive Albinism is. Just my 5 cents. Douglas

Granolagal

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Wowee, ever neat Douglas!

I am guessing it will have some sensitivities and probably require a little extra care, as with other albino species?

Good for you and congrats!

drgpenardo

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
let me know if you would sell him. I will pay good for him

Status
Not open for further replies.