Softshell

justino4444

5 Year Member
I saw a soft shell turtle when I was playing golf the other day, it must have been easily 12-14 inches and was pure white and sitting beside it was a 3 inch version of that same turtle I sat in the cart for a minute and watched them and then drove away

~ Justin

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If you keep it in an aquarium, you have to keep the water very clean because they tend to get shell lesions in dirty water. They ARE aggressive and can deliver a nasty bite. They get pretty big and don't play well with other turtles. The Florida species gets bigger than the other ones.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Bighungry83

5 Year Member
They are mean. Just down right mean. I've raised them from eggs and they were still mean. Cool turtles to keep but angry. I've had snappers that were less aggressive.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
They are mean. Just down right mean. I've raised them from eggs and they were still mean. Cool turtles to keep but angry. I've had snappers that were less aggressive.
WOW. Have heard about their temper... but wow. I don't think I'd want such a big turtle too.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I guess if I was a turtle with a soft shell and I "knew" that most creatures regarded me as a 'high quality protein source,' I'd be mean too!!! :p