So much pain : (

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottinghamshire, UK
Does anybody know how to get rid of a very stiff neck? I recently got diagnosed with tension headache as i dont get on with my close family and have worked myself into stress : ( my headaches have gone but my stiff neck wont go! I have a spa day on 18 may so im hoping that will help!!! When i move my neck sharply im in agony... Can anyone relate or help? Thanks x

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
A heating pad on the muscles usually loosens it up for me.

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I have tension that knots up my neck and my chiropractor had me do stretches to help with the stiffness.
Two stretches seemed to help:
First one look down at your armpit, take the hand on the arm of the pit being looked at and put it on the your head, pull gently on the back of your head until you feel a stretch.
Second, look straight ahead and drop your head towards one shoulder. Put the hand of the arm your head is dropped towards on the side of your head and gently pull until you feel a stretch.
Here is a video about one of the stretches I do but the other one is done the same way just looking in at your armpit:
http://video.about.com/exercise/Neck-Stretches.htm

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have a bean bag. I don't know what stores you have there, but I got mine in bed bath and beyond. It's filled with some kind of beans, and you put it in the microwave for two minutes. I use it for everything. I get terrible sinus infections and I put it across my forehead, I also get terrible migraines and use it for that and cramps, everything you can imagine that needs heat. My son was in an accident and got whiplash, and we put it around his neck. My father had arthritis in his hands, and now I do. At night I put it on my hands while I'm reading or watching TV and it helps so much. I'm so afraid of not having it that I bought two more to keep.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Nottinghamshire, UK
Yes i was thinking of a bean bag thing! I have a hot water bottle on it at the moment but doesnt cover all my neck, so i think bean bag it is, but will definitly try streches

Thanks x

hlester22

5 Year Member
Kentucky
terryo said:
I have a bean bag. I don't know what stores you have there, but I got mine in bed bath and beyond. It's filled with some kind of beans, and you put it in the microwave for two minutes. I use it for everything. I get terrible sinus infections and I put it across my forehead, I also get terrible migraines and use it for that and cramps, everything you can imagine that needs heat. My son was in an accident and got whiplash, and we put it around his neck. My father had arthritis in his hands, and now I do. At night I put it on my hands while I'm reading or watching TV and it helps so much. I'm so afraid of not having it that I bought two more to keep.

Uncooked rice in a sock will work in a pinch, as well. Just like the bean bag.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
hlester22 said:
terryo said:

Uncooked rice in a sock will work in a pinch, as well. Just like the bean bag.
+1

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I grew up with bad tension headaches. Bad neighborhood, crazy single mom, etc...

My doctor prescribed a pill that had three elements. A muscle relaxer, a pain killer and an anti-inflammatory all in one. It was the only thing that even remotely worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.