Status
Not open for further replies.

laney

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Aberdeen, Scotland
StudentoftheReptile said:

Thanks.
I have just compiled a heap of information from reliable sources and care sheets and emailed the officer back all of which point towards everything they are doing is wrong! Hopefully she will listen and go back.
The annoying thing is I know they have a larger tortoise table which they normally house their own pair in when not hibernating!!
I can't leave it, something needs to be done.

The fact she was easily fobbed off with we feed them broccoli and carrots daily and if we put water in they will urinate in it really hacks me off, do these people not do any research for their jobs!?!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
RE: So angry!!

laney said:
wellington said:
Doing nothing is the problem in this country. No one wants to get involved. They can't speak for themselves. If your not going to at least try to help them, then you really have no place to complain about the care the store is giving them. If everyone that sees the wrong does what you did, well it will never get right.

I really don't appreciate that! You don't know me and you don't know what sort of person I am, I posted on here because I am concerned and wanted to know people's different approaches to this sort of thing, not to be spoken to like crap. I am researching who to contact that they will listen to rather than going in guns blazing and having no success!!

Sorry I offended you. By your thread, it didn't sound like you were going to do anything. Unless I missed it, I didn't see where you were asking for suggestions, just complaining about the care. The post I made is what I feel about people that see things like you described and do nothing, and in those circumstances, I don't care who I offend, I only care about the animal. If that was not your intentions, then I am
sorry, and my post really wouldn't apply to you.
BTW, I have read what you have done and tried to do. Even though the animal control has no clue, at least you stood up for the tortoises, and that's all we and the animals can ask. Good for you. I would bring in a care sheet to the pet store and the animal control and hope they will learn from it. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
wellington said:
Sorry I offended you. By your thread, it didn't sound like you were going to do anything. Unless I missed it, I didn't see where you were asking for suggestions, just complaining about the care. The post I made is what I feel about people that see things like you described and do nothing, and in those circumstances, I don't care who I offend, I only care about the animal. If that was not your intentions, then I am
sorry, and my post really wouldn't apply to you.
BTW, I have read what you have done and tried to do. Even though the animal control has no clue, at least you stood up for the tortoises, and that's all we and the animals can ask. Good for you. I would bring in a care sheet to the pet store and the animal control and hope they will learn from it. Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

That's ok, I was hurt because I am trying my best to help them and it brings me to tears seeing them and not being able to take them away from it. I don't explain myself very well so no hard feelings! I have always found your posts very helpful in the past.
Its frustrating because they are so unapproachable and get hostile when you ask too many questions like when I asked where they get their torts. Thanks for the suggestion and I will drop off care sheets to them anyway, it can't make it any worse!
Thanks for posting :)

mayday29150

5 Year Member
I would have complained I got two red footed tort from a pet store for $25 each because of the poor condition found them great homes

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Do you have RSPCA inspectors or is that who you contacted already?
Try contacting the British Chelonia Group_ i'm not sure if they have meetings in Scotland but they may have someone who can advise you and perhaps challenge the store

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Tortoise said:
Do you have RSPCA inspectors or is that who you contacted already?
Try contacting the British Chelonia Group_ i'm not sure if they have meetings in Scotland but they may have someone who can advise you and perhaps challenge the store

It was animal welfare in my local council.
Will the RSPCA of BCG have more power and be able to over rule the officer who was out? I will definitely contact them! Thank you!

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Good news!!! :)

I emailed the officer back with lots of information, care sheets and links to reliable and relevant web pages. Days passed but today she got back to me saying that she has taken it all into account and revisited the store with a vet, the torts have now been moved to a tortoise table with more space, correct heat and lighting as well as suitable substrate :)
It pays to be a pain in the *** after all :D

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
You ROCK, Laney!!! Good for you for sticking with the fight!

I'm glad you and Wellington made up, but just for the sake of silliness, that post didn't apply to you because it started with "That's the problem in this country..." and you aren't in this country!

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
EllieN said:
You ROCK, Laney!!! Good for you for sticking with the fight!

I'm glad you and Wellington made up, but just for the sake of silliness, that post didn't apply to you because it started with "That's the problem in this country..." and you aren't in this country!

Lol

Just glad they got moved, hopefully they will be happier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.