Snocata

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Walker will turn 19 this year, Since he has been staying outside all year we haven't had any deep snow, Well we had about 10 inches of light fluffy snow on the ground Tuesday morning. It started snowing Monday afternoon and as soon as Walker noticed it he had to check it out, He has seen snow before and always seems to get excited about it. He's never seen it this deep before so early Tuesday morning I went out to clean paths for him to walk on before he woke up. The snow was so light it didn't take long to have paths cleared so he could travel some of his regular route around the yard, That was a waste of time, he walked next to the clean walkways and plowed thru the deep snow and made his own paths everywhere he wanted to go. Sylvia also tried to venture into the deeper snow in her yard but she is so deformed and can't lift her shell very far off the ground she bottomed out and got stuck after a couple feet off the cleared area.snowPicture 004 copy.jpg snowPicture 008 copy.jpgThe first 2 are when it first started snowing. The next 3 are Walker plowing thru snow.snowPicture 033 copy.jpg snowPicture 038 copy.jpg snowPicture 039 copy.jpgThe last pic is Silvia before she got stuck SylviasnowPicture 007 copy.jpg The younger ones came out to eat and drink but didn't try to leave the cleaned off areas.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Walker will turn 19 this year, Since he has been staying outside all year we haven't had any deep snow, Well we had about 10 inches of light fluffy snow on the ground Tuesday morning. It started snowing Monday afternoon and as soon as Walker noticed it he had to check it out, He has seen snow before and always seems to get excited about it. He's never seen it this deep before so early Tuesday morning I went out to clean paths for him to walk on before he woke up. The snow was so light it didn't take long to have paths cleared so he could travel some of his regular route around the yard, That was a waste of time, he walked next to the clean walkways and plowed thru the deep snow and made his own paths everywhere he wanted to go. Sylvia also tried to venture into the deeper snow in her yard but she is so deformed and can't lift her shell very far off the ground she bottomed out and got stuck after a couple feet off the cleared area.View attachment 118986 View attachment 118987The first 2 are when it first started snowing. The next 3 are Walker plowing thru snow.View attachment 118990 View attachment 118991 View attachment 118992The last pic is Silvia before she got stuck View attachment 118993 The younger ones came out to eat and drink but didn't try to leave the cleaned off areas.

May I have your permission to share those photo with my Torts friend in China? I like to share those photo on one of the Chinese Torts forum. They will get a good kick of this set of pics.

Thanks.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
What amazing pictures! Don't get snow here to speak of, so it's lovely to see this. Thanks for sharing your beautiful animals with us

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
For being critters that are predictable and seemed to enjoy following a routine, Sulcata can sure surprise me some times. Love the pictures.

Prairie Mom

"SNOWCATA" --best most appropriate title ever! :D Happy Birthday, Walker! He's amazing. Poor stuck Silvia! ;) Great pictures