Smoke and tortoises

Eggs 'n Banana

I recently evacuated because of the Eagle creek fire in Oregon, and I was wondering how much does smoke harm tortoises, Dale I'm afraid has breathed as much smoke as me even though I've been trying to keep him away from the smoke, what should I/can I do and what are warning signs of effects from smoke

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
All animals can be harmed by smoke the same as humans. They can die also like humans if they breath too much. Take the same precautions for all your animals as you would yourself.
I don't really know any other signs then gasping for air/hard to breath. Possibly opening mouth like a human would try to cough.

Eggs 'n Banana

All animals can be harmed by smoke the same as humans. They can die also like humans if they breath too much. Take the same precautions for all your animals as you would yourself.
I don't really know any other signs then gasping for air/hard to breath. Possibly opening mouth like a human would try to cough.
Alright, she's been acting normal so have I so I think we will be fine thank you!

Madfishflame

10 Year Member!
I keep 5 Cherries in the Portland area. They live outside in the summer and were definitely stressed out with all the smoke in the air. They kept pacing around their enclosure and seemed very restless. I've not seen that behavior before. I think they sensed the forest fires and wanted to leave the area asap. I brought then inside and everyone calmed down immediately.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad all is good.
Hope the fire itself isn't a threat to you either of you or any other member.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
Hope you're home is safe, I drove through the gorge on Tuesday and it was a mess.

Eggs 'n Banana

I'm back at home and I'm keeping dale inside and he seems happy and fine, but boy does he hate the car!

RosieRedfoot

5 Year Member
Columbia, SC
Mine didn't seem to be bothered too much. She's also pretty tolerant to most things. She even travelled 2k miles under the seat of a moving van in a Rubbermaid box.