Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would have no guess. It will be hard for anyone to guess on size alone. However, I do know that it was probably, around 4-6 years when you got him, if you got him at one of the pet store chains. Theirs are usually WC and around that age. See what others say.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
wellington said:
I would have no guess. It will be hard for anyone to guess on size alone. However, I do know that it was probably, around 4-6 years when you got him, if you got him at one of the pet store chains. Theirs are usually WC and around that age. See what others say.

What is WC? And I got him in April.

Ethan D

5 Year Member
Nebraska
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
wellington said:

WC= Wild Caught, PetCo and Petsmart import their tortoises from their country of origin, and those tortoises are wild caught, i usually stay away from them, because some can have internal parasites, and i just don't like the way chain pet stores take care of the animals :/

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
WC means Wild Caught which means caught from the wild and shipped over here and then sold as a pet. Can you post a couple pics in this thread of him? WC and CB (captive bred) russians are easy to tell apart once you've seen both.

Ethan D said:
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
wellington said:

WC= Wild Caught, PetCo and Petsmart import their tortoises from their country of origin, and those tortoises are wild caught, i usually stay away from them, because some can have internal parasites, and i just don't like the way chain pet stores take care of the animals :/
Petco and Petsmart dont import them. There is an importer and then he sells to petco and petsmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.