Should I brumate my 15 year old captive bred Herman’s tortoise

Mrbrownman202

Location (City and/or State)
Malden Massachusetts
Hey guys I just wanna know if I should burmate my 15 year old Herman’s tortoise I just got her a month ago and she’s amazing but I don’t wanna go threw the Burmate process because I don’t wanna mess it up and kill her if I do something wrong can someone let me know if it’s 100% necessary to burmate her or can I just keep doing things like I am now just keeping her awake ??????

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Ocala, Fl
Hey guys I just wanna know if I should burmate my 15 year old Herman’s tortoise I just got her a month ago and she’s amazing but I don’t wanna go threw the Burmate process because I don’t wanna mess it up and kill her if I do something wrong can someone let me know if it’s 100% necessary to burmate her or can I just keep doing things like I am now just keeping her awake ??????
It is not necessary at all. Especially since you have only had her a month. You should not brumate her until you've had her over a year (so you can judge if she is healthy enough) and you are sure you want to. Just keep doing things like now, and maybe sometime in the future you can look into brumating her :)

Mrbrownman202

Malden Massachusetts
It is not necessary at all. Especially since you have only had her a month. You should not brumate her until you've had her over a year (so you can judge if she is healthy enough) and you are sure you want to. Just keep doing things like now, and maybe sometime in the future you can look into brumating her :)
Thank you so much but in the future should I still burmate her or is it ok to never burmate