Should i be concerned?

Meesh

Location (City and/or State)
BRUNSWICK
Hi! This is Herman, My oldest male Hermann's tortoise. He's 4. He has had this bright orange spot on his shell since I got him from the pet store a cple yrs ago. I cant get a picture that shows it well but its very bright orange unlike any colors he has. It hasnt grown that i know of, its the same texture as his shell. Idk if its maybe an old trauma scar or something from his pet store days. I recently learned turtles can get different forms of skin cancers on their shell so its making me a little nervous. He doesn't seem sick, He's very active. Clear eyes. Big healthy appetite (actually annoys me when he's out of the enclosure in the morning by following me/chasing me around stepping on & sitting on my feet til he gets his food) He also has this thing every single morning where he backs his shell into me wanting me to scratch his backside while he shakes his bum 😂 he's too much. Anyway, my point is he doesn't act sick. 2 vets have no idea what to tell me about it. So im left to wonder. I love this lil guy to pieces. I have many tortoises who all have their own lil personalities but he's the only one I have this "unique" kind of bond with. If it is harmful I don't want to just wait around & let it get worse. It could be nothing but If anyone has dealt with this or knows what it is, please contact me💙 Thanks!

Attachments

• 20220914_093648~2.jpg
    20220914_093648~2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 8