She is finaly home

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
Well it has been a long wait, and a lot of work, but she has finally came home. My new aldabra tortoise arrived today, and was eager to roam her habitat, and munch every blade of grass that came to her likeing... The habitat has been a work in progress since January. In her habitat she has dandies, Bermuda, fescue, clovers, smooth cacti, kudzu vines, rose of sharrons, two muscadine vines, elephant brush, and hanging spider plant... Not includeing the patio ull of hibiscus, and banana trees... her room is not complete. I am getting her door cut into a doggie door this week.. She will have a ramp going into her room that has 2 ceramic heat emitters hanging three feet above her, an acurite temp and humidity meter, and two big kane mats in her room... Here are a few pics. I am going to let her get settled in before I take any more.... I have a hot wire around her pen, because we have raccoons and opossums in the area,,, I haven't seen any in the yard, but better safe than sorry.... Thank you so much to Sam and Laura at Floridainguana.com... They have been so helpful, and I am so pleased we went through them in this journey... Thank yall again

Attachments

• IMG_1609.JPG
    IMG_1609.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1610.JPG
    IMG_1610.JPG
    497.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_1612.JPG
    IMG_1612.JPG
    452.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    370.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_1614.JPG
    IMG_1614.JPG
    363.8 KB · Views: 93

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks nice, tort and enclosure. Congrats. How old is she/he? Did you name her/him yet?

mtdavis254817

10 Year Member!
wellington said:
Looks nice, tort and enclosure. Congrats. How old is she/he? Did you name her/him yet?

I will get back to you on her age, have to go through my emails, my wife( who allowed me to get her) says she looks like a girl, however I am hoping its a boy.. (big tail) If it is a girl her name is Daisy(wife chose), but if its a boy im going to name him pete after my father.. lol.. he has wanted one since he was a young boy, and probably where I got my passion for torts from... And he is still a little bitter I didn't name my son after him.lol

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Looks great. Gonna be some years before you know for sure, but I like the names chosen for either gender.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Wow. Absolutely lovely! The baby is darling. The enclosure rocks. The deck to supervise and simply watch your tortoise while sipping some tea is the bomb. Want. Congratulations on your new family member! : )

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
Enjoy! We love our girl - nothing like aldabras. I would have a dozen if I could afford more. Wonderful personalities.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I'm glad he arrives safely. He must have thought he lives in heaven now with the new home :D

Status
Not open for further replies.