Possible re-home for adult red foot

Marci_redfoot

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas City
Hello,

I'm thinking about finding a new home for my adult female red foot. Her name is Marci. She is approximately eight years old, eats well, and I believe is in generally good health. Over the winter she developed a respiratory infection which was treated with Baytril. I believe that this developed because I have been unable to provide a habitat that is stable. She also has ashen looking skin, which I be live may be caused by low humidity.

The humidity and temp in her habitat have fluctuated more than I think is safe for her. I've tried a number of ways to fix these issues, but have had no long term success. In addition to this, she is an amazing escape artist and I often find her hidden in various spots around "her" room when I get home from work.

I love her dearly, but I think that what would be best for her is to live with someone who has an established and stable habitat. She is very sweet natured and gentle. I was told when I adopted her that she used to be a class room pet. As far as I am aware, she has not been kept with other tortoises

It hurts me to even write this but I only want what is best for her. I moved to a two bedroom apartment, just so that she could have her own room. However, the greenhouse in her small room is not a great place to raise her. I also moved to an apartment that sprays pesticides, so I have to take her to a park for outdoor exploring. (She loves this, but I cannot do it very frequently.)

I live in the stat of Kansas, in a suburb of Kansas City. I'd like to re-home her with someone in the area, if possible. I would not ask for a fee. I just want to be sure that she will be well looked after. She still has her whole life in front of her and I want her to be happy and to have a stable home.

Thank you.

tctpa523

If you have no luck locally and would want to ship her, I could either add her to my group, or rehome her to my veterinarian. He's been looking for a friend for his male. My groups all live outdoor year round... In south Florida.