Settling in nicely

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I have been spending alot of extra time in the reptile room since we picked up out little greek. I should have weighed the little guy when we got him because I would know if he has grown. To my eye he has though. And it's a male until proven otherwise.

I gave the little un-named guy some cactus for the first time. He was chowing down like crazy but by the time I got the camera he just started staring at me.

Here's a few pictures.

IMG_6141.jpg

IMG_6142.jpg

IMG_6143.jpg

And here is one picture of the enclosure. I was using a rubbermaid but this little guy is so active I decided to just give him the extra space. Luckly I had a 50 gallon tank kicking around.

IMG_6146.jpg

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I hate when you grab the camera and they stop and just stare at you. Very good photo any way and the new enclosure looks great...

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Ah Fernando, I`m sure you`ll get another one some day. It took me 4 years after getting my first to get another.

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
great looking little chocolate chip cookie! lol jk

Is that a "raised garden" in the enclosure? the bricks in the corner. helipad? bomb shelter? lol

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Zouave said:
great looking little chocolate chip cookie! lol jk

Is that a "raised garden" in the enclosure? the bricks in the corner. helipad? bomb shelter? lol

Option D: All of the above. :p

All kidding aside..Yes it`s a raised garden... I`m going to try and see if this little garden will work. I planted plantain and dandelions, lol

Worked well for wild bird seed in the past so why not.

fruitlover78

5 Year Member
What a nice space you made for you're greek.
I will keep them in a terrarium about the same size as you'rs.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
fruitlover78 said:
What a nice space you made for you're greek.
I will keep them in a terrarium about the same size as you'rs.

Please forgive me the OT post.

Hi Fruitlover78:

Please go to the "introductions" section, start a new thread and tell us a bit about yourself.

Lou

10 Year Member!
SUPEr cute baby!! Love the patterning of the shell shown in the last pic!!

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Eweezyfosheezy said:
I love the pattern on the shell too is that why you picked him out or was he the only one to pick out?

Both! There was only three to choose from and this one was the nicest. I'm happy with the little guy.

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
SnakeyeZ said:
Eweezyfosheezy said:
I love the pattern on the shell too is that why you picked him out or was he the only one to pick out?

Both! There was only three to choose from and this one was the nicest. I'm happy with the little guy.
Hi
Beautiful Greek Tortoise-they are a great species to own.

I was wondering about your reptile room. I was debating another tortoise purchase and my husband was asking well where would you put any more as my torts are in my living room.I love to see them in there but I did say well some people make a special room for them-perhaps its easier for temps etc.

Any comments on having a reptile room rather than slotting in enclosures all over the place?

Enjoy your baby-is he a Ibera or Greaca Greaca type?
Presumably he would hibernate not being a Golden?

Louise

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Personally, I have done both and prefer to have a separate room. I never had a separate room before we bought our house and now I do and I love it. As much as I love my reptiles I don't want to see them all the time. Ya know?

I prefer to keep them out of living spaces because of sanitary reasons mostly also, not that I'm a germiphobe or anything - just preference. If a snake deficates and I don't get to it right away why should the rest of the family suffer lol - kind if thinking. I also like having everything in one place of the house. When I am doing my weekly cleanings I don't want to be all over the house cleaning. The only reptile we have outside the reptile room right now is our red eared slider (RES) who is in our den/office area in with a bunch of cichlids.

wrmitchell22

5 Year Member
Southeast Arizona
I only have on e tortoise, but he is in our nursery. We have been trying to concieve for 6 months and figured by the time we have a little one our little tort will be big enough to move outside. It has worked out very well. We closed the AC vent to his room so it is a constant 80-85 room temp and I have everything in that room so it isn't out all of the time when guests are over. I think if I had a lot of reptiles I would definately have a room, unless I could make the enclosures very pretty and go with the decor, but that is just me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.