What's wrong with my baby??

ichooseumikachu

We just recently got a greek tortoise from our local pet shop. The pet shop here is pretty ridiculous so we decided to save this little guy from this poop hole. Anyway..
He's been around for like 2 weeks now and he's been acting pretty normal. We feed him romaine lettuce, cucumbers, dandelions, and clovers.
We take him outside and let him walk around and enjoy the sun. We have a UVB lamp available but our basking lamp hasn't come in yet.
We soak him every 3-5 days.

He was walking on the bed earlier and he fell off and landed on his shell. It wasn't a high fall probably 5-6 inches but he was upside down. So when we brought him back up he appears to be gasping for air. I am really scared and I don't wanna lose this little guy. My sister would be devastated if she lost him. Please offer some advice.. I also plan on going to the vet first thing in the morning.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
More than ljkely his gasping was him scared. They do not breathe like us, no diaphragm. In all likely hood he will be fine. Sadly only time will tell. Not to beat a dead horse. But please no more high adventures, where he can fall off of.

ichooseumikachu

More than ljkely his gasping was him scared. They do not breathe like us, no diaphragm. In all likely hood he will be fine. Sadly only time will tell. Not to beat a dead horse. But please no more high adventures, where he can fall off of.
Oh, I also forgot to mention that earlier today we found some vomit. How long should the gasping last?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
Is he still gasping? Should have stopped by now.