Self Soaking

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Addis, LA
Wish I got a picture but for 3 days in a row now, my husband found Daisy yoga soaking in her big terra-cotta water dish, she drug her cuttlebone with her in the water, was eating it and then took a giant [emoji90] poop in her water! Do y’all think I need to trash the cuttlebone? I rinsed it off good and soaked it in clean water.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Ok I’m sitting outside in her enclosure and she is circling me me like a vulture. After my toes, they are painted!

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
Download the free app called HUMIDITY... it picks up your location and gives, humidity, temperature, precipitation, wind speed, cloud cover, and ozone level.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I get the idea of tossing the cuttle bone, but also consider many tortoises eat their own and others' poop, so dry it in the sun, like how it was 'cured' in the first place and leave your tortoise with it.

They all poop in the water. That's the bain of tortoise keeping.

Kristy1970

5 Year Member
Addis, LA
She is an eating, pooping machine! She poops also in her intentional soaks I give her! Talk about full of chit [emoji23]

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
I personally would toss the cuttlebone but I am a bit OCD like that. Otherwise give it a good wash, really good rinse (repeated) and let it bake in the sun for a day. After all, as Will said, they eat their own poop ...lol ❤️