Seeds from the golf course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiated

5 Year Member
I just got some seeds and sprinkled them onto the lawn i already have for torts to graze, but do golf course grass SEEDS have pesticides or anything?

Thanks

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
Golf courses are rarely allowed to run completely wild. however the major use of herbicides, pesticides and fertiliser is near the fairways and greens. If they're gathered from the rough they are less likely to be affected.

It depends on how well manicured the course is. If it's not that well kept, they'll be fine from the rough :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
To keep a golf course looking perfect like they do. They are using way more chemicals, etc. Then the average home owner would probably use in a life time. Now, unless it is a course that has decided to go chemical free, haha, I doubt one exists, it will be loaded with chemicals.

Radiated

5 Year Member
Its only the grass seeds that i have gotten which they also used... its packaged...its labeled like blue sit or bent grass or wtv...
Thanks for the help

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
Personally I wouldn't go for golf course seeds because of the monoculture they propagate. Variety is important to the torts, so I'd be trying to find a mix with as many different species as possible!

But I also agree with the others that there could very well be harmful chemicals in the seeds themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.