Scratch an school

Status
Not open for further replies.

mckline

5 Year Member
I took Scratch to my grandsons classroom this morning. The kids had some great questions for first graders. Of course Scratch decided it was time to take a pee, all over the floor.:cool: The kids thought it was great, the teacher not so much. It was fun for all. I'm sure the kids will go home and talk about the turtle the peed on the floor.:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
When you have tortoises, its hard to realize that some people may have never even seen a tortoise. I used to do school presentations. The kids just absolutely go wild over it. The older kids ask pretty good questions, but the really young kids are too cute with them!

Besides the pee episode, how did Scratch do at school?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I am ALL FOR taking animals into schools for education... as long as the animals are ok with it.. some arent..
Education is the Key!

M

Maggie Cummings

I used to do school presentations and whenever anybody asks me about how to do it the first thing I tell them is to pack a roll of paper towels. The kids love it when the tort pees always...:)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I get the privilege of doing this pretty regularly. I recently did a presentation with a whole bunch of animals, including tortoises, for all 14 classes at my little girls preschool. One at a time. It was a two day marathon. Amazing the difference between the three and four year olds.

mckline

5 Year Member
Scratch did great!! I think he/she liked bright colors some of the kids had on. They all got to touch her/him if they wanted to. I ask the class if they had seen the large torts at our zoo, and told them that it would get close to that size. One little boy said you mean the big rocks that move? I had to laugh at that. So cute!

Cathy L

5 Year Member
Central Coast of California
My little Hermann's is our class pet. In fact, all my pets are "class pets". I feel they really learn respect for animals and responsibility by having animals in the classroom. I purposely have animals that aren't your usual furry cute things like they probably have at home. I want them to learn respect for all animals - even the "scary" or "slimy" ones.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
lol the kids will definately be talking about it for a few years, lol.
I use to do reptile shows here in Winnipeg for Daycares mainly and the occasional birthday parties all for kids.

At my daughters school presentation last year the cane toad voided all over the floor and I still have kids from her class this year asking if I remember when the toad pee'd all over the place.

And my favorite was when our male Irian Jaya Carpet (around 6 foot) decided to deficate while crawling across 4 kids laps - now that was pleasent!

Zeely

5 Year Member
PA
SnakeyeZ said:
And my favorite was when our male Irian Jaya Carpet (around 6 foot) decided to deficate while crawling across 4 kids laps - now that was pleasent!
Imagine those kids trying to explain when they got home. "No mom, I'm serious! A giant snake pooped on me..." Too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.