Kids Camp a Succes!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Wednesday was the long awaited day or when I took three of my tortoises to the SPCA Kids camp. Several months ago I asked for a quick Care sheet and diagram... I got both from Heather Gomberg.. Go Team! The kids were 8-9ish years old.. about 20 of them. I brought a Russian, Ca Desert Tortoise and a 50 pound Sulcata. He was a hit.. all the kids had their picture taken with him. I however DO NOT have pictures of the day.. if you want to see a pic.. Placer SPCA is on facebook and posted a pic.
This is what the 'teacher' sent me:
Hi Laura,
Thank you again for coming to Kids Camp on Wednesday! The kids loving being able to see the Tortoises and have their picture taken with them. You were great!
I read them your Facebook follow up about the number of species of turtles and tortoises in the world on Thursday morning. They were very surprised at that larger number.
Thanks again for coming and for even going above and beyond to answer all their questions! :)
Kathryn D’Anjou
Humane Educator/ Spay and Neuter Assistance Program Coordinator

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Good job, Laura! It is very rewarding to take tortoises to show kids and help them understand tortoises better.

1028762jld543t69m.gif

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
to get the Sulcata in the classroom.. I had to take a rolling chair out to the truck, place him on and roll him in.. then put him on the floor.. I wont be picking him up much anymore! dang.. he Is big AND Im getting older!