1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

saddleback Seychelle tortoise

Discussion in 'Aldabra tortoises' started by SunsetHypo, Mar 18, 2010.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SunsetHypo

SunsetHypo New Member 5 Year Member

Does anyone know anyone that organization that breeds or has this type of Aldabra. Arnolds Tortoise or Dipsochelys arnoldi. Here is a link to a site that explains the differences in growth http://islandbiodiversity.com/tortid.htm Thanks for any help. The only thing I have found on them is that there on only about 18 individuals remaining in the world. I was hoping to see how there progress was coming.
  2. SunsetHypo

SunsetHypo New Member 5 Year Member

(These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Well I contacted Dr. Justin Gerlach Scientific Co-ordinator - Nature Protection Trust of Seychelles and this is what he told me in my email.

Very good progress - 140 babies now. In fact in a few hours I will be flying to Seychelles to undertake the first release of the captive bred juveniles.

Best wishes

Justin

I asked him if there would be any video of the release. I will have to wait and see what he says. 140 is a very healthy number from the 18 adults remaining in the world.
  3. spikethebest

spikethebest Active Member 10 Year Member!

Location (City and/or State):
    Southern California
    i dont know much, but please keep us updated, and post whatever you can.