Russians in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
Anyone looking to add some Russians? I came across this ad http://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/for/2780009269.html, and posted on here. The lady has since contacted me and really needs them gone so she is willing to have me take them now and pay her later.

Unfortunately I do not have the room for the Russians. My Russian does not like to share space with others :(.

So if anyone has the room to take them in it would be great, I will be picking them up Saturday.

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
**in order to get to the page, make sure you delete the comma at the end of the link.

$200 for all of them is not a bad deal. Did she tell you whether they are M/F?

Weldd

10 Year Member!
Wow. Great setup. Redfoot, Russians, Homes Hinge. Pretty similar captive care requirements...or not.

Hingeback in "semi state of hybernation currently". Uffda

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
I am waiting for her reply now. I do not know the sex of them. I am hoping to pick them all up on Saturday. Will add photos and more information them!

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Hingebacks DON'T HIBERNATE. *facepalm*

I'm glad you are getting them. I have room for the Russians, but transportation might be a problem... If no one else is able to take them, and you get in a bind, let me know. There are some people in that area that I can put you in touch with.

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
It still baffles me that people manage to get these funky ideas for cohabbing partners, and even moreso that they seem to think it's a good idea. Sigh. Thank you for offering those poor torts a refuge, and good luck finding the Russians a new home!

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
Thanks Kristina, I will let you know.

I showed my boyfriend the photo of them and he was like, No no more. Then I started talking about how the set-up was all wrong, he was like So when do we pick them up? LOL

I will try to introduce the Russians to mine. He came from being housed with multiple torts but the last tort I tried to house with him, they just fought. If they get along OK I will keep them, but I am making sure I have a back up.

Getting them on Sunday! Off to set-up a Redfoot home!

grogansilver

5 Year Member
Ill take the Russians if nobody wants them! "just the Russians", how much?

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
The female is 783g and 6.5", she is approximately 4 years old. The male is 4 5/8" and 399g and approximately 9 years old. They are active and eating, beaks are in good shape.

374.jpg

376.jpg

367.jpg

369.jpg

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
They look pretty good :) The female (I think, the bottom one pictured) looks captive bred. In the very least, LTC. The male is probably older than you think, I would add about 6 years to that number...

As I said before, if it doesn't work out with the Russians, let me know, I am sure we can work something out ;)

grogansilver

5 Year Member
:tort: herpgirl24 I'm backing out off this one! "let her have them! she lives there where you are in the same state! this way there wont be any Delivery safety problems with the animals! "thanks it was nice communicating with you! grogansilver. :tort:

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
I now a few people that wanted a Russian so I am waiting for them to get back with me. I would like to keep them but the male I have now does not enjoy company. So that means I either keep the pair or a single male.

Should know in a few days!

austinSOLO

5 Year Member
washington state
how much would you sell just the male?i have been looking for one for a long time and this one looks great! would you ship to lacey, Washington? i really want it!

Floof

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Austin, how cool to see someone from the Olympia area. I used to live not far from you (out in the middle of nowhere, aka Willapa Bay). :) If this one doesn't work out for you, don't forget to check the Seattle Craigslist, including the Pets section under Community. I remember there always being a Russian or two on CL up there.. Looking now, it looks like there's 2 available not too far from you--Gig Harbor and Montesano, plus 3 more in Seattle and Mukilteo listed as "Russian Turtles"...If you aren't against making a couple hours' drive, you might check the Portland CL, too.

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
The original guy I was talking to about adopting them is supposed to get them on Friday. If it does not work out I will let you know! I really want them to go soon! The more I look at those cute faces, the more I want to keep them :D

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
Russians went to their new home tonight! I am happy and sad! Wish I could of kept them!

Status
Not open for further replies.