Anyone want Russians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Belchertown Ma
Hi there, Not sure where to post this.
I met a guy........ Ok anyway this guy who heard I love torts contacted me and says he wants to know if I want to purchase his 2 Russians. I said no thanks I have enough torts. The end right?? Nope , I mistakenly,or not, gave him my contact info, if he had trouble selling them.
To cut to the chase, he is now begging me to take them as he is moving to Israel, Turkey,China, somewhere far. There is a pair. I will see if I can take the pic out of my mail. He has had them for about 5 yrs. They are in an aquarium, but he seems to have at least done some research. More than many..At least he has lights on them.
So my question to anyone here. If I take these guys, would anyone want them for shipping costs? We are -10 degrees this AM so I thinking not for a couple months. but I would love to have an end time for these guys. My hubby won't be to happy to see them, but if I can say, hey so and so is taking them in April...

Thanks 'Nay

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Heck of a deal, Nay. I'm sure there is someone out there who will take them. Do you know the sexes on them?

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
I would love to take one or both of them. Let me know if you are still looking for someone and if you have any details on them.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
OK I have a pic, (Of them on sand in an aquarium!!) But it was sent to me as an attachment and I haven't a clue as to how to get it here. (if your going to tell me, you have to use baby words....) I can ,I think, get it as a hyperlink into email(I just tryed it to myself, But it has to be opened when you get it..and I am not sure how that will work, It went into my downloads.. Oh how I wish I took computer classes when everyone else did!!!
So PM me and give me your email. Or email me [email protected].
It at least shows them.And maybe you experts can see more than I can, except the conditions!
Thanks and with the interest I think I will say yes and hope I can still get the interest when it warms up!! Thanks
Nay

jeffbens0n

5 Year Member
Glenmoore, PA
You will have no problem finding a home for a couple russians, I am not actively searching but would love to add another one or two.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
While you have the picture open on your screen, you right click on it and click "save." Then save it in your picture folder and name it. Then when you go to photobucket or tinypic, you do a browse, find that picture and put it in your account, copy/paste the IMG code and again, Bob's your uncle!!!

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
The first thing we talked about was substrate. Hope he changed it.
Also hope this worked!!

iwhwet.jpg

And What is Bob's uncle?? Did I miss something?? Thanks

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Long beaks, too dry, but otherwise they look pretty decent. The one does look a little funny shaped.

("Bob's your Uncle" is just an expression meaning "you did it" or "you are done" or "it worked.")

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Nay said:
And What is Bob's uncle??

Its something those crazy folks across the pond say when they've finished a job well done!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
bob's your uncle, reminds me of a joke but it is kinda dirty so I will refrain.

earthyman71

5 Year Member
Columbus, Ohio
following this post and looking at those pictures - incredibly sad. especially the one that has an incredibly deformed shell from lack of humidity, improper growth and more than likely poor diet and lighting. nay let me know if you can't find them homes. i have 12 russians who are incredibly well taken care of!

dustee35

10 Year Member!
I know that a lot of people have said they would take them but if it falls thru I would love to have them. Deanna

Status
Not open for further replies.