russian

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamp

5 Year Member
Hello,
I was hoping I could get so info I have a young red foot and later was given a baby Russian after a family bought it then a few months later had to move.
I built them a large out door en-closer, but the Russian stays buried all the time I have to find him when I feed them to be sure he eats. I never see him drink. Is this normal? I live in Jacksonville Fl so it's in the mid 90's most days.

Thank you,
Charlotte :tort:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Charlotte:

Steppe tortoises are usually pretty active little buggers. They do like to bury themselves, but normally they are out and about every morning, wandering or marching the perimeter of their enclosure. As long as your new steppe tortoise eats, and his eyes look bright and alert, then just give him time.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
vamp said:
Hello,
I was hoping I could get so info I have a young red foot and later was given a baby Russian after a family bought it then a few months later had to move.
I built them a large out door en-closer, but the Russian stays buried all the time I have to find him when I feed them to be sure he eats. I never see him drink. Is this normal? I live in Jacksonville Fl so it's in the mid 90's most days.

Thank you,
Charlotte :tort:

Do they live together?

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Also, I think baby tortoises in general hide more (small=easy prey).
Make sure your tort has some shade, but when the temps go into the 90's, your tort will burrow down to stay cool as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.