Russian Tortoise Resources?

NimbleDragon76

Location (City and/or State)
littleton co
I am in the research phase of getting my first Tortoise, so far I am leaning towards a Russian Tortoise. I have done a little research and from what I have gathered breeders are the best option. Are there any other reliable options and any advice will be appreciated.

ZenHerper

Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Welcome!

Russians are very reliable First tortoises.

If you are looking for a genuine captive-bred young animal that is used to being around and handled by people, then breeder-direct is the way to go.

Young animals, however, are much more difficult to establish than adults. (So they can be frustrating and/or heart-breaking.)

Craigslist is going to start having a seasonal spike in people wanting to rehome adult animals, so do begin searching there if you want an older pet. People also post in the Adoptions or For Sale sections here at TFO.

This is the Russian sub-forum where you can find more specific information about this interesting species: https://www.tortoiseforum.org/forums/russian-tortoises.81/

This is a very active community, so the care information sharing is essentially the most up-to-date.