Looking to purchase Russian Tortoise- Reputable Sites??

sarahshfr

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hi All!

I did all my research on decided that a male, captive bred, Russian tortoise is the best tortoise for me to have (I'd prefer a yearling). I live in California and so I am finding my options to be limited as to where to purchase a russian tortoise here. What online sites do you recommend and why? What type of tortoise/reptile do you own and how long have you had it since purchasing it?

I have looked online at breeders but am nervous they will be in poor health months later from underlying health issues. I have been dreaming to own a tortoise for YEARS and just want to own a healthy and well taken care of tortoise.

Thanks in advance!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Ga
Hi All!

I did all my research on decided that a male, captive bred, Russian tortoise is the best tortoise for me to have (I'd prefer a yearling). I live in California and so I am finding my options to be limited as to where to purchase a russian tortoise here. What online sites do you recommend and why? What type of tortoise/reptile do you own and how long have you had it since purchasing it?

I have looked online at breeders but am nervous they will be in poor health months later from underlying health issues. I have been dreaming to own a tortoise for YEARS and just want to own a healthy and well taken care of tortoise.

Thanks in advance!
@Carol S is a good Russian breeder here on the forum. Also check out Tortstork.