juno663

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I am new to tortoises, and only just recently adopted a russian tortoise. She had been injured by a dog. She received her antibiotics and got her shell patched up at the vet about a month ago. Since then she has been doing fine. She eats a lot, drinks when I soak her, and loves digging around in her outdoor enclosure. She's very active. I went to feed her today and found that she was missing a significant chunk of scales on both front legs. One side looks like a big thick flap of scale is just hanging off, with white skin underneath. The skin looks fine, it's not raw or broken, just smooth and pale. I cleaned it up with warm water and hydrogen peroxide and aside from that I don't know what to do. Could this still be the aftermath of the dog incident she had? Will they grow back? How should I take care of it?20180824_164242.jpg

Attachments

• 20180824_164255.jpg
    20180824_164255.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Did the vet give any vitamin injections? How long ago was the appointment?

juno663

Arizona
Did the vet give any vitamin injections? How long ago was the appointment?
As far as I know, she was only given an antibiotic injection and had her shell patched up. She also took oral antibiotics for about 3 weeks. I don't think there were any vitamin injections. The appointment was almost exactly a month ago, with another check up about 1.5 weeks ago