russian tort newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

codyv34

5 Year Member
hello my name is Cody and i live in Green Bay Wisconsin. My tortoise name is igore. I'm excited to learn a lot from this forum. I used to be very into Tropical fish, I used to have 5 tanks up and running with various species and setups, i had joined a forum once after purchasing a fish with little knowledge of what fish need to be happy and healthy. i Started fish keeping when i was 13 and as i got older it was hard to maintain all of the tanks properly, and still be able to work and have my personal life. I slowly reduced my number of aquariums and eventually gave it all up. I'm 19 now and i miss spending my free time taking care of my aquariums and re arranging the tanks for the perfect setups, and most of all, it felt good learning about fish and there needs and over time i was one of the people on the forum helping out the "newbies". I have been interested in Russian torts since my freshman year in high school when i saw the one my science teacher had, but with there price, and considering how much money and work i needed to put in my aquariums, i just set the idea aside. Well a few days ago,i was thinking of my fish tanks sitting my my basement, and how its such a waste to no be using them, and that's when i got the idea to finally get my tortoise. i had set one of my 55 gallon tanks up for the tortoise, after doing research, i found out this wasn't as good as an idea as i thought, and tonight i put him into a 54 gallon Rubbermaid storage container. i have been looking all over the internet since the day i got him, and cant wait to learn about the awesome reptiles.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Cody:

I read your other thread first and put my "welcome" over there, but here it is again:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.