Russian enclosure

M stanek

Location (City and/or State)
MINNESOTA
I live in Minnesota. This is my enclosure for my smaller male and Smaller female. I suspect the female may be about to lay eggs soon. I was wondering if anyone thinks I need to add anything to the enclosure. It appears to be smaller than it actually is because the uvb and heat lamp timer just turned off for the night. The enclosure is made out oh two metal window wells bolted together and wood screwed your the bottom.

Attachments

• FC0FFEA4-ACCB-46F9-BE3A-A0F2E0F983F1.jpeg
    FC0FFEA4-ACCB-46F9-BE3A-A0F2E0F983F1.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 49

MichaelL

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ocala, Fl
If I were you, I would take out the water bowl. It seems to take up a rather large portion of the enclosure, thus restricting the tortoises ability to walk around, limiting space. Instead of a water bowl, just give them weekly soaks.

Also, if it were my pen, i would take out all the hay and just use the soil. The hay can get damp and mold, and the tortoises won't eat it.

In addition, I would take out the palm pieces and instead put little edible potted plants around the enclosure. For example, a boston fern in one corner and then some small edible flower plants dispersed all around. ?